| Store | Cart

RE: reading vfp dbf files

From: Phil Brewer <pbre...@sky.com>
Sun, 20 Sep 2015 18:51:54 +0100
Hi John

I did have cause to use the DBI::ODBC driver about eight years ago. To
connect to the database I used something similar to:

$user = "";  $password = "";

$dsno2 = "driver=Microsoft Visual FoxPro
Driver;SourceDB=C:\\<path>\\Comp_A.dbc;SourceType=DBC;Exclusive=No";

unless ($do = DBI->connect("dbi:ODBC:$dsno2",$user,$password, {
odbc_cursortype => 2, ChopBlanks => true, LongReadLen => 65536, LongTruncOk
=> 0 })) {

   print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";

   print "Error: couldn't connect to database..." . $DBI::errstr . "<br>\n";

   print "(Another user may have exclusive access to the database)<br>\n";

   exit;

}

It did not work very well for me because the database I was connecting to
needed to be VFP6 and there was a known problem with the driver for that VFP
version... although I believe the VFP9 driver worked correctly.

This was a long time ago but I hope it helps.

Regards

Phil Brewer