| Store | Cart

RE: Help connection to mysql database

From: Brian Raven <BRa...@nyx.com>
Wed, 26 Jun 2013 14:17:51 +0000
From: acti...@listserv.ActiveState.com [mailto:acti...@listserv.ActiveState.com] On Behalf Of zilore mumba
Sent: 25 June 2013 23:04
To: acti...@listserv.activestate.com
Subject: Help connection to mysql database

> Excuse my total ignorance on the above subject. I am trying to access a mysql database via a perl script, and I came across the example below,> but am not sure whether my are correctly filled (where marked ######################## below).> I would appreciate assistance to clarify what should actually go into those fileds.

The documentation for DBI and DBD::mysql will contain the information you want, and better examples. Better still for how-to's and examples is the book "Programming the Perl DBI". Don't forget to 'use strict; use warnings;' in your script(s) and declare variables in the smallest scope necessary.

> Secondly when I run my script, it says $rv and $rc are used once.

A variable that is only used once often indicates of a bug, hence the warning. In the case of the example that you came across, it is probably just poor programming.

HTH

--
Brian Raven

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message and any attachments without retaining a copy.

Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Visit our website at http://www.nyse.com

Note:  The information contained in this message and any attachment to it is privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the message, and please delete it from your system.  Thank you.  NYSE Euronext.

Recent Messages in this Thread
zilore mumba Jun 25, 2013 10:04 pm
Henry Hartley Jun 26, 2013 01:25 pm
Brian Raven Jun 26, 2013 02:17 pm