| Store | Cart

RE: cURL in ActiveState Perl

From: Brian Raven <BRa...@nyx.com>
Thu, 11 Apr 2013 16:54:42 +0000
From: acti...@listserv.ActiveState.com [mailto:acti...@listserv.ActiveState.com] On Behalf Of Kevin Holleran
Sent: 11 April 2013 17:34
To: acti...@listserv.ActiveState.com
Subject: cURL in ActiveState Perl

> Good afternoon,>> Is there a cURL library for ActiveState perl?  I am running ActiveState on a Win 2008 x64 system & need to use > cURL or wget or something to call a URL.>> I came across this:>> http://search.cpan.org/~sunnavy/Plient-0.03/lib/Plient.pm#DEPENDENCIES> but it seems like this is a wrapper (though it lists no dependancies).>> I tried:> >ppm install WWW-Curl-Simple> ppm install failed: Can't find any package that provides WWW-Curl-Simple>

Sounds like you are looking for LWP, which is part of the standard distribution, IIRC. Look at LWP::Simple to start with, and if that's not enough 'perldoc lwptut' and 'perldoc lwpcook' should help.

HTH

--
Brian Raven

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message and any attachments without retaining a copy.

Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Recent Messages in this Thread
Kevin Holleran Apr 11, 2013 04:33 pm
Christopher Taranto Apr 11, 2013 04:36 pm
Brian Raven Apr 11, 2013 04:54 pm
Michael Ludwig Apr 11, 2013 06:51 pm
Messages in this thread